W6: Dear God...

Yeo Ya Qi (1901604)

What is your real intention?



Dear God,


No one has proven your existence even after all these years.

You might be a true person who everyone encountered daily.

You might be invisible, hiding aside, observing all the good and evil.

Or are you just an imaginary persona that was well developed by people over the years?

Hard to say.


It has been a tough year.

Finally, I get to settle down and write this letter to you.


For me, you are the all-knower and the all-mighty.

I earnestly wished to be like you so that every time I make decisions, I am able to know the consequences and avoid disasters.

If I knew it earlier, I would have run away with my family and headed to the "oasis" to stay away from the woeful tragedy...

There are so many knowns and unknowns out there, but you can easily know what is going to happen and you never blundered.

Even if I made mistakes, I can do everything to correct them, if I were you - the omnipotent existence.

I always wonder, Where did you get the power from? Can I find it somewhere also?


Long before the tragedy, I knew something was off. People here including me can feel the tension in the air.

Though feeling unease, we continued to live our lives.

After all, we had to put bread on the table no matter what was happening.

Not to mention that we are capable of doing nothing to stop the tragedy, not like you.


Sometimes, it's hard to understand your ways and plans in our lives, especially when bad things happen.

We think, why do you let it happen?

Questions are just questions, no one dared to challenge your mightiness or holiness.


You are so invincible. But why?

Who are you to decide our fate?

You could've saved lives and kept dreadful catastrophes at bay but you never did.

You rather watch us, human beings, suffer than bring sunshine and butterflies into everyone's lives when you have absolute power.


Since young, we were told to be grateful for your existence because we are given a peaceful and carefree life.

However, as time goes by, we slowly realize that you gave us a life that is intermittently filled with disappointments, miseries and agony.

It is not as carefree as we thought, not even peaceful.

Even if we did nothing, you will take away the things we precious without prior notice.


You took away childhood and pure joy by letting time quickly slip away.



You took away people's passion by imposing never-ending burdens and hurdles in life.



You took away people's health and life by allowing COVID-19 to spread ferociously.


You took away the freedom from us by forcing us to accept whatever destiny you gave us.


You took away lives mercilessly by commanding the Israelites to destroy the Canaanites (Patton, 2020).




You took away harmony by creating war and intensifying the conflicts.


You even took away our identities by destroying our homeland and making us a refugee that will never be accepted into any society.
Yes, I am a victim of the Russo-Ukrainian War you created.
I have lost everything I have, and I could never have them back again.

Death, injury, malnutrition, illness, and disability are just some of my daily encounters while PTSD, depression, and anxiety are some of the mental disorders that will haunt me forever.

How should I remain composure knowing that it was all your plans?


Whenever bad things happen, people always defend you, making excuses and creating stories to justify your actions.

"God’s wrath is his love in action against sin."

"God’s wrath is just."

For me, they are simply too self-deceptive.


I used to believe that you are benevolent and compassionate.

But now I don't because your wrath is too much for humans to bear with.

If there's anything I would like to pray to you, that will be:

End all the agony and spare the world from killing, injuring, or destruction.



Sincerely,

A victim of your wrath


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference

Patton, A. (2020). Why Did God Command the Invasion of Canaan in the Book of Joshua?     Bible Project.     https://bibleproject.com/blog/why-did-god-command-the-invasion-of-canaan-in-the-book-of-joshua/





Comments