W13: Dear future self…

Yeo Ya Qi (1901604)

Hello Future. 


Dear future Ya Qi, 


It must be a dream come true moment when I write this letter to you. 

Somehow I get to foresee my future self, you.


Oh, my bad. You might have a different name by now.

Sarah? Melinda? Felicia? 

Or are you a boy now? John? Darren? Thomas? 


Apparently, I don't get to foresee everything about you. 

Everything is uncertain. 

The only thing I am certain of is my heart and the determination in myself, to become who I want to be.

 

To my great relief, you are on your way to becoming a world-class badminton player, just like what I dreamt of. 

Just because I am such a badminton maniac and I’ve watched so many tournaments, I know that all the past life memory captured by my eyes will pass on to you well so that you can easily use them as your reference. 

I see now you are in the national team, doing endless training, developing and maintaining physical and mental stamina. No fun, no parties, no alcohol. 

That’s not the worst part yet. 

One of the hardest challenges for any soul out there: dieting



But bear in mind that the meals planned by nutritionists are just to get you to your fittest state, so you must follow it so that you can achieve our dream to become a world champion sooner. 

You must endure whatever hardships.

Also, things should not be all sunshine and butterflies when you are bearing the whole nation’s hope in all international competitions. 


You win, and people cheer. Tremendously.

You lose, and people criticize. Terribly. 


I’m afraid that this is an unchangeable norm. You must build a solid heart to accept all the comments given to you. 

Ups and downs might waver your self-confidence, causing you to doubt your ability and worth. 

But rest assured, as long as you continue to work hard and never give up, all the blood sweat and tears will eventually pave the way to your success. Just like everyone did. 


I'm afraid that I can't tell you everything that happens to you. 

If I do so, your life will be meaningless because you do not live in the moment. 

I just want you to know that, 

Everything happens for a reason 🌈

This is the message I wanted to pass on to you the most.

Just try the hardest you can and believe in the result.

Whatever happens is the path that you must go through, just enjoy your journey and gain all the experience that shapes you into who you are in the future. 

One day when you look back, you know that everything is worth it.


Enjoy your life to the fullest and leave no regrets! 

C’est la vie!


Hope this letter won't freak you out,
THE PAST LIFE YOU


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W6: Dear God...